Two summer reading programs in one! The Merrick Public Library and the Brookfield Elementary School are teaming up for a Summer Reading Challenge. The same reading chart being sent home with BES students will be available at the library starting June 22, the last day of school, and will be available to all patrons. The Summer Reading Challenge is not just for the elementary students – we encourage pre-teens, teens, adults…everyone to join the fun! When you have completed your chart, get it stamped at the library and receive a special prize! If you are a BES student, you can also turn the chart in at school.
Student participants will also have the opportunity to attend a Paw Sox game free. Ask the library staff for details.
Summer is a fabulous time to read--ask us for recommendations!
Other summer events at the Merrick Public Library:
· Musical story hour with Renee Coro, Wed, July 6, 13, 20, 27 & Aug 3 & 10, 11:15-12:00
· Drumming with Tim Kane Thurs, Aug 4, 5:00-6:00 pm.
· (Please sign-up for this program.)
· Build with Legos--stop in anytime!
· Coloring for kids and adults--stop in anytime!